Re: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Subject: Re: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
From: Kimba <kimba -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 18:00:46 -0500

Bonnie,

So sorry to hear about your predicament. I had carpal tunnel surgery
(endoscopic) on my left wrist in 1992. It relieved the pain for exactly one
year and then it was back. This has also happened to three other people I
know. The longest any of us went symptom-free was two years. In other words,
I don't think surgery is the answer. (Thank God I didn't let the surgeon cut
on my other wrist too.)

I second the motion for physical therapy and a kidney bean mouse. I also
have a Microsoft Natural keyboard that I wouldn't be without. When my
symptoms flare I sleep with my braces on for a night or two. Romantic it's
not, but it beats being in pain.

Good luck! Whatever path you take, don't be pushed. Make sure you understand
all of your options and ask tons of questions.

Kimba