Re: more on cp, wrist/arm problems...

Subject: Re: more on cp, wrist/arm problems...
From: Bob Morrisette <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 11:21:46 -0700

> From bill -dot- bledsoe -at- CMS-STL -dot- COM Mon Aug 18 09:36:29 1997
> Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 11:35:08 -0500
> From: Bill Bledsoe <bill -dot- bledsoe -at- CMS-STL -dot- COM>
> Subject: more on cp, wrist/arm problems...
> To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
>
> Thought I'd throw in my $.02 worth on the subject and since I haven't
> seen this one... I'd thought I'd offer it.
>
> Coming from the golf business where wrist injuries and constant
> tendonitis or Carpal Tunnel are also very prevelent, you're starting to
> see more and more touring PGA professionals using Copper Bracelets, and
> Magnetic Bracelets to combat problems like constant tendonitis and
> carpal tunnel (as well as other swelling or repetitive stress type
> injuries). Justin Leonard, Jose-Maria Olathabal, Tom Kite, Phil
> Mickelson, Tiger Woods are just a few names... there are literally
> hundreds of tourning PGA/LPGA pros using these items...
>
> I wear a Sabona copper bracelet when ever I hit balls or play, and now I
> use it at work when I type, on my particularly tender left hand. It has
> REALLY helped. It is SOOO much better than pumping Ibuprophen or
> Naproxen...
>
> Copper has been used by the traditional medical community for some time
> in the treatment of arthritis and tendonitis... and the Magnetic
> approach is widely gaining acceptance as well. Both work on the same
> principal of increasing circulation to the effected or troubled areas.
> Difficult to use on a shoulder, but great for wrists, hands, legs, feet
> and back believe it or not.
>
> Just another alternative... rest, exercise and proper technique are key
> though for all...
>
> cheers,

> Bill Bledsoe
> Senior Technical Writer - CMS
> Bill -dot- Bledsoe -at- cms-stl -dot- com or intlidox -at- anet-stl -dot- com

Could you quote one scientific study that copper or magnetic bracelets
help any symptom? These bracelets are usually listed in the medical
quack warnings, such as Quackwatch. Copper bracelets were originally
touted as a cure for arthritis, but that turned out to be a total scam.
I don't know what the "traditional medical community" means, but no real
doctor would recommend a copper bracelet.

Quackwatch is at www.quackwatch.com

Bob Morrisette
writer1 -at- Eng -dot- sun -dot- com