Re[3]: Tolerance--more on cp, wrist/arm problems...

Subject: Re[3]: Tolerance--more on cp, wrist/arm problems...
From: Malcolm Davidson <mdavidso -at- CCMAIL -dot- CROSSCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 02:44:15 EST

> Many people acknowledge more than one way of knowing.
> Western medicine and its scientific approach is just one.
> Also, belief is a choice, and a powerful one. You can
> choose to use only western medicine if that fits with
> your beliefs, and others on this list can choose the
> healing system that matches their beliefs.

> While I have a strong factual orientation toward
> everything I do, I also believe in tolerance.
> Please give it a try.

> Regards, Virginia

Virginia,

If someone throws what looks like a rock toward a crowd of vulnerable people
and someone else yells "duck", one doesn't complain of intolerance for rock
throwers. If you hear someone giving seemingly dangerous advice, you have to
warn the potential victims.

I suggest that this topic be closed unless we have several relevantly qualified
doctors on this list and that the doctors are willing to take responsibility
for the advice they give us. All people worried about work-related ailments
should go to a doctor qualified to treat such ailments. If you instead choose
to use mail-order X-ray specs to cut screen glare and a sea-monkey ointment to
rub on your aching wrists, that's up to you, but please don't recommend it to
others.

Also, everyone should remember that there are places such as the FDA that
provide free, reliable information about medical treatments. Check the web for
that site. If you check any other web sites or other sources of information,
and especially if you walk down the aisles of stores selling purported
remedies, be wary. When sales are the goal, the truth is often stretched,
blurred, or ignored, your health be damned.

Malcolm Davidson
Gdansk, Poland