Concatenated EPS Files and Windows 95

Subject: Concatenated EPS Files and Windows 95
From: Maura Betler <Maura_Betler -at- G1 -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:27:00 -0500

Our group prints Ventura Publisher and FrameMaker files to .PS and/or
.EPS format to import into Adobe Acrobat. Since switching to Windows
95, I cannot produce a concatenated print file --- that is, I cannot
string together all of my separate chapter files into one output file.

Before going to Windows 95, we set up print manager to output to Apple
Laserwriter NTX II, Apple Laserwriter, or to HP LJ 3Si to
MULTICHP.PRN. I've tried to output to both the MULTICHP.PRN and FILE
ports.

Is anyone else producing concatenated files Under Windows 95? Is
anyone else experiencing these problems? Will I run into any problems
if I produce Acrobat PDFs from non-concatenated files? Will this
impact searches and usability for my users?

I'm using:
--- Frame 5
--- Acrobat 3
--- Ventura 4.1.1 (I know it's old - we're migrating to Frame
gradually)
--- HP LJ4 PostScript local printer

My sincere thanks to anyone who can help.