Kind of Technical - Ever Done Help in Client/Server Environment?

Subject: Kind of Technical - Ever Done Help in Client/Server Environment?
From: Amy_Corrigan -at- WAI-WETHERILL -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 07:42:34 -0400

I'm a total newbie with all this help stuff. I was hoping that someone
here might have the answer to my question. I have a feeling it's one of
those little conceptual walls you hit when you start dealing with something
new. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We are starting a project to construct help for an application that runs on
a UNIX server but that has PC clients. Our application will involve
interfacing an enterprise package called Baan (much like an SAP) to a help
package rather than the junky text editor it uses as a default.

I'm really fuzzy on this technical stuff, but I think our guys say that we
must have a help application that they can call from a UNIX statement. Is
that true? Is there some kind of UNIX call we could embed in the
application (on the UNIX server) that would start WinHelp on the PC client?

Any and all help is appreciated but I probably need words with few
syllables.

Amy Corrigan
Corporate Project Administrator
Wetherill Associates, Inc.