HTML or PDX for online doc?

Subject: HTML or PDX for online doc?
From: Becky Palmer-Scott <bpalmer-scott -at- INVESTLEARNING -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 12:05:47 -0500

Please give me some advice! And forgive some possibly stupid questions! :-)

We are just now starting to convert our reference books to online doc (we
already have a help file for how-to stuff -- the reference books are mostly
product description). Right now our files are in PageMaker 6.5 for Mac.

I know how to make online doc in PDF mode (via Adobe Acrobat), but I'm not sure
about converting to HTML.

Is converting a reference book to HTML, not PDF, a good idea? Has anyone out
there done this? If so, what tools did you use? What did you use for a browser
and/or search engine?

Also, does anyone know if FrameMaker can import PDF files?

Thanks! Any guidance I can get on this subject would be greatly appreciated!