Re: Help needed for Damage Control - LONG

Subject: Re: Help needed for Damage Control - LONG
From: John Posada <JOHN -dot- POSADA -at- EY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 14:14:58 -0400

>>... we'd done, he said the base work was good and solid but the execution
wasn't. I agree - I've ...

... jumps less circuitous (they were), ...

... I gotta admit I lapped it up - and so did my manager...

... it was pretty grim) as he said above, and it was a nice piece of work.

OK, well it's weeks later, and the project is due on 5th Sept. I leave next
week<<

Let's see...you agree that your stuff was weak. He described what he wanted to
do and you "lapped it up". He showed you something done his way and "it was a
nice piece of work"

The, all of a sudden, you're complaining. Either you glossed over a whole
chapter of the situation, or it appears that maybe you guys aren't blameless in
this situation. Did you monitor what was happening, monitor schedules, have
benchmarks, regular status meetings, draft reviews, etc.? What happened in the
"weeks later". He worked FOR your organization. You have ultimate
responsibility for the progress of the project.

At the least, it seams that you've been somewhat weak on project management,
and in the worst case, negligent in running the project. Look in the mirror
and you may find some of the fault.