Re: Quick Start sections.

Subject: Re: Quick Start sections.
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 17:03:53 +0800

The consensus so far seems to be for a separate booklet and not a
section in the main guide.

Another option to consider is a brief 'Quick Start' at the front of
each chapter. For example, in the MS Word 6 'User's Guide', each
chapter has a two-page 'Quick Start' containing 3 - 7 headings, each
typically one or two paragraphs plus screen shot. The rest of the
chapter has more detail on these tasks and others.

I don't usually have much good to say about Microsoft and Word (sorry
Matt, flame me -- I deserve it), but I think they got this one right.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield "Live wrong and prosper"
Functional Software Pty Ltd
mailto:slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au