Tech Writers as Trainers

Subject: Tech Writers as Trainers
From: "Wilson,Brian" <BWILSON -at- EBSCO -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 10:36:50 EDT

I read the discussion of Tech Writers as Trainers with interest as this
is how I became a trainer. The training department of our company was
tasked with system training and, when it all came down to it, the tech
writers knew more about the system than the trainers. As a tech
writer who crossed over into a training situation, I was asked to come
into the training department permanently.

As the manager of our training department, I am now on the other side
of the equation. It is my responsibility to get a million other
projects done while trying to maximize our exposure to the systems so
that, when they are implemented, we know as much about the system as
possible. It is virtually impossible to meet all of our goals because of this.

This has always been an interesting topic of discussion and, if anyone
has any good global ideas as to how to work this out, I think we'd all
like to hear it.

Brian Wilson