Re: Answers to Pagemaker to Word

Subject: Re: Answers to Pagemaker to Word
From: Documania <dcma -at- MAIL1 -dot- NAI -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 05:38:54 -0500

I've been out of town and just did a massive message purge so missed the
original posting and most of the responses to this thread. Forgive me if my
answer duplicates any that have gone before.

I have always moved files from PageMaker to Word by using PM's export
feature. Highlight the text, choose Export under the File menu, then choose
the desired output format. Even if you don't have a full selection of
translation filters available, there's almost always one for a low-end
version of Word that will maintain basic formatting. In versions of PM and
Word that are close together (latest releases of both; this is particularly
true on a Mac), styles will export intact. Graphics have to be treated
separately.

Hope this helps. If not, delete!

Carolyn Haley
DocuMania