Re: Skills Needed For Web Design

Subject: Re: Skills Needed For Web Design
From: Bill Baker <bill -at- MEDIATRANSITIONS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 02:12:12 -0500

> > From: Kathy Marshall <kmarshall -at- MODACAD -dot- COM>
> >
> > Now I want to learn more about the nitty gritty stuff -- Java, CGI
> > sripting, etc. Where do I begin? Can I learn this from a book or do I
> > need to take a class? Can I jump right into or do I have to go back to
> > programming 101 (maybe take a class in C, then another in C++, and THEN
> > a class in Java...).

Kathy:

The best web design people I have met (and I am in the biz)
took very basic programming courses. Then they learned the individual
languages on their own. Perl especially.

C++ is the most important to really understand. Our Win95/97 apps realy
depend on good C== basics.

Bill
www.mediatransitions.com