Software limitations

Subject: Software limitations
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 08:24:29 -0500

How do you say that your software has limitations? My
passive-aggressive approach (when the omission bugs me too)
is to say "the current version of the software can't do X,
though future versions may", and hope that people will
write in and nag the developers to implement X. More
generally, I simply define the limits without drawing
attention to them. I don't consider it fair to let users
twist in the wind, wondering why they can't do something,
when all it takes is a few words to tell them they
shouldn't bother trying.