Re: GUI Design

Subject: Re: GUI Design
From: bcsmit - Bill Smith <bcsmit -at- ACXIOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 10:01:12 -0500

Matt Long wrote:
>Does anybody know of a resource similar to the UIE web site
>that discusses design concepts for non-web GUI apps?

One of the best GUI design resources I've found is the book, About Face,
The Essentials of User Interface Design by Alan Cooper. The book's cover
describes Cooper as the "Father of Visual Basic." The book is chock full
of practical advice and examples and it is a joy to read--a valuable
addition to any software document's bookshelf.

It's available on the Web from amazon.com.

Bill Smith
Acxiom Corporation
Conway, AR
bcsmit -at- acxiom -dot- com