need copyedit advice! what's a style sheet?

Subject: need copyedit advice! what's a style sheet?
From: amy <mayhem -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 20:18:41 -0400

Hi all:

I'm applying for a position with a book publisher as a freelance copyeditor.
As a part of the copyediting test (markup by hand), I must create a
style sheet. All the pro copyediting I've done has been with smaller
operations, so I have no idea what a style sheet is. They've given me a
form with spaces for numbers and dates, abbreviations, type specifications,
legends, continued lines, and tabular material.

Also, what's the difference between em dashes and en dashes?

Thanks so much for any help. E-mail is most welcome.

Amy Hembree
mayhem -at- mindspring -dot- com