Re: intranet features

Subject: Re: intranet features
From: Dave Ziegler <dave -at- PENTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 12:58:44 -0400

At 09:27 AM 9/3/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Is anyone out there working on an intranet (an internal corporate web site)
>or have one up and running at their company? I'm curious about what types
>of features are being included on intranets these days.

What began as a simple phone directory quickly evolved into a critical tool
here at Pentek. The following are some of the resources we make available
on our intranet web site:

* All product manuals, and some third-party and vendor manuals,
in PDF format.

* A knowledgebase, which will be linked to our new Internet site
(under development), for logging and tracking various hardware,
software, and documentation issues

* Product revision histories and compatibility charts

* A database of sales reps, distributors, vendors, and strategic
partners

* Links to other Internet resources (industry-related web pages,
newsgroups, etc.)

* Administration utilities to manage intranet and Internet web
site content

Everyone here agrees that this is only the beginning; we're continually
adding resources.

Hope this helps,
--Dave