Re: Hanging indents in RoboHelp

Subject: Re: Hanging indents in RoboHelp
From: Gurudutt Kamath <guruk -at- GIASBM01 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 07:28:04 +0530

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Key,Sharon wrote:

> I am using RoboHelp 3.0 with Windows 3.1.
>
> I have a numbered list of instructions within a table that will not format
> correctly.

Sharon, RoboHelp 3.0 is a pain when it comes to bullets and numbered
lists. I do not have specific experience with table.

The bullets/lists and hanging indent problem is a known problem. Do check
the RoboHelp site for help.

A solution which has worked for me for just the lists is to make it into a
style. Call the style, say TABLE. It works 90%.

This is an obvious solution but please upgrade to RoboHelp 4.0. Most such
problems simply vanish.

I know I have not been of much help. But I feel it helps to know that
there are shortcomings in any program. (RoboHelp passes the buck to the
winhelp compiler!)

I heart RoboHelp 4.0.

Best wishes, Sharon.

Guru

guruk -at- giasbm01 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in
http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath