Re: page problem with Schriver's book

Subject: Re: page problem with Schriver's book
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 14:05:15 -0700

Just to sum this up, most people who responded indicated that they had
not found a problem. This may be a difference between the first and
second print runs.

I did order a new copy from Amazon, they had a guy from the warehouse
call me on the phone and page through it with me just to make sure (nice
of them!!) The correct copy is from the first printing.

I also got a note from Karen Schriver--"maniac perfectionist"--who is
understandably livid. (Apparently, I ended up getting a copy of the 2nd
printing before she did.) So I just wanted to say that just because I
happen to actually use the TOC and noticed this relatively minor error,
it doesn't detract from the overall value of the book, which has been
praised continually on this list. The minor glitch certainly didn't
stop me from reading Chapter 5 (Typography) and gaining some valuable
insight.