Re: How long does it take to review a document?

Subject: Re: How long does it take to review a document?
From: Christine Jesensky <Xine -at- MICROSCRIPT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 13:54:32 -0400

I think that 10 pages per day is a reasonable request. If I have a
document that's only one page long, I ask for comments within one
working day. If I have a document that's three hundred pages, I break it
up into managable sections along the way...

My co-workers (programmers) always seem to think 10 pages per day is
completely unreasonable for them to do a content review. They detest
deadlines of any sort, so I'm never sure if it's because I ask them to
review the content, or they just don't like the resident chick telling
them what to do, or what.
QA and management types find the 10 pages per day "rule" comfortable for
their usability and editorial reviews. I'm not saying they actually
complete their assignments on time, but they don't complain when I ask
for review.