Help with PowerPoint macro

Subject: Help with PowerPoint macro
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 09:59:34 -0500

I'm not sure if this is totally outside the bounds of this group, but
I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

I'm trying to create a very simple procedure in PowerPoint 97. I need
a dialog box that holds two bits of information (first name, last
name) and puts this information into the slide in specified locations.
The next step will be to take the text box and copy it to another
area, upside-down, but I'm pretty sure I can manage that once I get
the inserted text into the file.

This is something that would be laughably simple in WordBasic. I
suspect it is in VBA, too, but I can't get a handle on it. I've
created a UserForm in VBA, but I can't figure out how to a) make the
form display in PowerPoint or b) get the information from the form to
the PowerPoint slide.

I've spent a fair amount of time at the MS web sites, and have learned
a great deal, but haven't found anything specifically useful to my
problem. I downloaded the 3-D add-in, but the code is so complex (to
my eye) that I can't tell what the relevant bits are that I want to
s/t/e/a/l borrow.

I would have done this in Word 97, but there's a bug in the current
version that prevents me from using it. (The Service Release fixes
it, but my client doesn't have the service release yet.)

Thanks in advance for any help.