Re: Using another company's manuals

Subject: Re: Using another company's manuals
From: Stephanie Gibson <sgibson -at- QWIZ -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 13:55:38 -0400

I've been in this situation before and the biggest nightmare I ever
faced was maintaining version control with 3rd party add-on software
incorporated into our software and documentation. You must have
adequate contracts in place to provide for advance notice of updates or
upgrades, soft copy of their doc, etc. The biggest hassle is having to
reprint your entire doc set to reflect changes to their software when
you just had thousands printed and your company detests change pages.

I agree, have a good attorney review your situation. Be sure the
attorney is familiar with software mfg. & distribution.

Good luck,
stef