Academic careers vs. technical writing

Subject: Academic careers vs. technical writing
From: Chaim Chatan <chatan -at- IDI -dot- ORG -dot- IL>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 06:37:40 +0300

First of all, I would like to thank all of you who responded to my posting.
It is refreshing for me to find out that I am not the only person in my
situation, and that there is indeed life after academia. As I mentioned
before, I do have a part-time job in technical editing, and I am grateful
for that. I have been following the liberal arts background in technical
writing discussion, and it makes me even more convinced that I made the
right choice, and that I did not waste $1700 in taking that technical
writing course in Jerusalem.

Chaim I. Chatan