Reports Documentation (an on-topic topic)

Subject: Reports Documentation (an on-topic topic)
From: Joe Sokohl <jsokohl -at- CAMPBELLSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 08:35:07 -0500

We're doing documentation of our reports. Looking for opinions re:
reports documentation. Audience level: mid-managerial to CEO/COO.
Documentation type: referential.

-- How do you document software-generated reports?

-- Do you document each field of a report, or do you only describe
specific ones?

-- Do you see value in documenting every report, or do you only
document thorny, hard-to-understand ones?

-- Do you provide llustrations of sample reports?

-- Any other thoughts?

I'm ambivalent (some might say wishy-washy) on the subject. So, any
informed opinions are most welcome....

joe
Joe Sokohl
Manager of Documentation
Campbell Software, Inc.
http://www.campbellsoft.com

The opinions expressed in this mail are mine.
They don't necessarily represent Campbell Software or any of its
affiliates.