Re: Portfolio's

Subject: Re: Portfolio's
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 12:37:07 -0700

> >I'm in the process of doing my annual update of my portfolio and have
> >run into the problem of how to represent some elements on paper that
> >just don't work in that medium--namely web pages and online help files.
> >I'm considering putting together an electronic portfolio on floppy disk
> >that I can display on my laptop and leave with clients for future
> >reference.
> >I'm not sure how best to handle it. Has anyone out there used an
> >electronic portfolio? Was it successful?

Yes, I did both a paper and electronic (floppy disk) portfolio for my
current job. I had the paper one wir-o bound with vinyl covers, and did
labels for the diskettes (brought in three copies of each...one set for
each interviewer). I put a couple of help files that I had worked on and
a multimedia (Macromedia Director) piece that included an interactive
resume and a fun piece I did introducing the documentation department at
my previous job (which I had put up on the intranet).

They were quite impressed, and had fun going through the electronic
portfolio.

Have fun with the project. If it isn't fun to put together, you're not
doing it right! :-)

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com