Re: PC TECH question: floppy net obsolete?

Subject: Re: PC TECH question: floppy net obsolete?
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 08:39:48 -0500

John -dot- Cornellier -at- PARIS -dot- IE -dot- PHILIPS -dot- COM wrote:

> Q: Anybody using ZIP drives, portable hard drives, streamers and such things?

We use Zip drives. I use them for the same thing you want to do --
moving files from office to home -- and have had no problems at all. I
also use them to move large files between computers in the office, since
the only computers connected to scanners are not on our network. They're
extremely handy, but I don't think the floppy is obsolete yet.

Tracy