Cheap & Easy DTP

Subject: Cheap & Easy DTP
From: Margaret Packman <mpackman -at- CISCO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 10:29:28 -0700

Hey, Techwhirlers,

I'm (finally) handing off my little PTA (Parent Teacher Association)
newsletter to two other parents. I've been creating it in Ventura
Publisher, but I'm looking for a desktop publishing software package that's
easier and cheaper (a lot cheaper), since the new folks have limited
experience with DTP, and the PTA can't afford to buy them VP. They are both
moderately experienced with computers.

The newsletter is published 7 or 8 times a year, and usually has 6 to 8
pages. I print a master and someone at the school district office
photocopies them onto colored paper, so it's strictly black ink.

So, does anyone know of any packages that fit these criteria, either PC or
Mac? It would be especially nice if we could get an educational discount.

If worse comes to worse, they can probably use Word, but it's a
three-column format with a lot of text wrapping around graphics and I'm
afraid Word would require too much fiddling.

TIA.

- Marge

Ms Packman >(<
mpackman -at- cisco -dot- com
Documentation Goddess, Queen of FUN, DNRC O-
Holder of Past Knowledge

"Alpha's just another word for nothin' left to lose;
Beta's not much better, but it's free."