DUPLEX PRINTING PROBLEM

Subject: DUPLEX PRINTING PROBLEM
From: Frank Taylor <taylor_f -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 09:07:03 +0200

I'm new to this list and this is my first posting.

I'm primarily a Technical Writer but also print reasonable quantities of
manuals for certain clients.

I use an HPLaserJet5 duplex printer.

My problem is as follows:

A manual (created in Word 7) is divided into sections. The sections
start on the next odd (right hand) page. So that the last page of the
previous section may or may not be blank.

The printer prints the complete manual without any problems and each
section starts where it should. However when I print just one section
(after having updated it for example,)the printer starts to print with
the 1st page being an even (left hand) page.

Microsoft claim it is a printer problem and advised me to download the
very latest HP driver - which I did, but to no avail.

HP Support here in Israel confirmed that there is a problem, suggested
that
perhaps Microsoft is to blame, but could not solve it. They forwarded
the question to their regional head office in Holland a month ago and
still have not
come up with any solution.

I have created a efficient workaround, but it is not an acceptable
solution - its expensive on unnecessary paper use.

Question #1 Is this a reasonable time to wait from HP Support?

Question #2 Has anyone else on the list experienced this problem and
come up with the answer?

Eagerly awaiting

Frank Taylor

PS I find the list extremely informative (sometimes even humorous) and
am glad I joined!

--
taylor_f -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il
ph 09 774 0828