pet peeve words

Subject: pet peeve words
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 10:17:12 +0800

"verbage" not a word, as far as I can tell

"verbiage" it doesn't mean what you think it means. Melissa Hunter-
Kilmer is the only techwhirler I remember who uses it
correctly.

"As far as" it doesn't mean the same as 'regarding' or 'concerning'
unless you put "is concerned" at the end. Maybe people
confuse it with "As for"?

"My two cents worth"

Many posts on techwr-l are worthless (mine included).
A few are priceless. 'Two cents' is not very accurate,
either as mean, median or mode.

Yours peevishly
---
Stuart Burnfield
Functional Software Pty Ltd ("Our code is girt by C")
mailto:slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au