Re: Extracting text from Interleaf

Subject: Re: Extracting text from Interleaf
From: Sarah Carroll <sarahc -at- INDIGO -dot- IE>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 18:46:07 +0100

Hi Keith,
If you want to extract the text from Interleaf to have
it translated, and then put the translated text
back in again, you can use The S-Tagger for Interleaf.

All text, including text in microdocuments and text strings,
tables, footnotes, and shared components is
extracted from the Interleaf ASCII file, and presented
in a tagged text format, STF, which is suitable for
use with machine and computer aided translation
systems (translation memory systems), or for
traditional translation using a word processor such
as Microsoft Word.

Formatting information is contained within the tags,
which the translators can move around to fit the
translation. They check the structure of the files
with a special tool before the file is converted back
to Interleaf for updating of cross-references, pagination
and book building.

I note your domain address is jp, The S-Tagger for
Interleaf in version 1 handles English to Japanese,
but does not support Japanese a source language.
Plans are afoot!

You can get a demo version of The S-Tagger for Interleaf
from:
http://www.trados.com or
http://www.itp.ie

If you have any queries, please feel free to e-mail me,
and I will endeavour to answer any questions.

Best regards,
Sarah
sarahc -at- indigo -dot- ie