Re: Re[2]: Speaking of Improper Terminology

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Speaking of Improper Terminology
From: Bernice Kieffer <bernice_kieffer -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 10:55:55 PDT

Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM> wrote:
> This thread is providing some good comic relief. ;-)

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer wrote:
I guess I can see how people would see it that way. I don't find
abortion or slavery amusing.

But no one is really talking about abortion or slavery. They are taking about
technical terms that have specific meanings in context. To say we are talking
about abortion (meaning ending a pregnancy) and slavery ( meaning a Human
Master/Slave) relationship is pulling these words out of context and ascribing
them other meanings.

Bernice Kieffer
Technical Writer/Training Developer