Instructor and student guides in the same manual?

Subject: Instructor and student guides in the same manual?
From: Carolyn Klinger <CKlinger -at- ELFINC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 14:04:42 -0400

Has anyone heard of a software package that allows you to pull two
different documents (an instructor guide and a student guide) into one
document, so that they can be "assembled" side by side electronically?
We would like the instructors who teach from our course materials to be
able to see their guide on the left and the corresponding page from the
student guide on the right. We are currently using Word 7 to develop our
courseware, and then our desktop publishing group pulls our Word
documents into PageMaker. If the software we are seeking is compatible
with PageMaker, that would make the final desktop publishing task much
easier.

TIA,

Carolyn Kelley Klinger
Electronic Learning Facilitators, Inc.