Help with Windows FrameMaker 5.1

Subject: Help with Windows FrameMaker 5.1
From: Brian Phelps <btphelps -at- OFFICEIQ -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 15:40:52 PDT

I'm stumped and hope one of you FrameMaker gurus out there knows the
answer.

I've created a document with side heads.(Format, Page Layout, Column
Layout, Room for Side Heads selected. Left side selected.) I've set the
width of the side head to .6 and the gap to .15, creating a 3/4 inch
side head area. So far, so good.

The First master page uses a slightly different layout than the
Left/Right master pages. I just brought the text flow frame down from
the top of the page and removed the header. Otherwise it's the same (as
far as I can tell) as the Left/Right master pages.

But the text on the first page of the chapter (using the First Master
page) is indented from the left 1 3/4 inches. I do not know where the
extra 1" margin is coming from. The styles used on the First page are
the same styles used elsewhere in the document. It appears to have
something to do with the master page itself. But I'm stumped. I think I
figured this out once before, years ago--I'm sure it's something that's
painfully obvious--but advancing senility has wiped the slate clean.
Anyone have a clue?

Thanks in advance! You can reply directly to me unless you think this
is a question of general interest.

(Using FrameMaker 5.1.1 on Windows 95.)

Brian Phelps
btphelps -at- officeiq -dot- com