Re[2]: Speaking of Improper Terminology

Subject: Re[2]: Speaking of Improper Terminology
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 08:59:16 -0500

> # Sort of like when Compuserve decided to filter all *bad* words from
email.
> # One of the words they eliminated was *breast*. They forgot that
*breast > # cancer* and its cure are of interest to all of us.
> #

But the king of them all was/is Prodigy. They put filters in place to keep
you from posting messages which might contain personal (AKA libelous)
attacks by bouncing messages that referred to a subscriber by name. It
really put a crimp in the Numismatic forum when it was discovered there was
a subscriber named "Roosevelt Dime."

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224