RE[2]: On-line Help: Arial v. Times New Roman

Subject: RE[2]: On-line Help: Arial v. Times New Roman
From: "Ridder, Fred" <F -dot- Ridder -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 13:01:48 -0400

Another sans-serif font to consider for on-line use is Microsoft's
Verdana. Supposedly, the font was designed for readability in
small sizes on-screen, and I've had very good results using it
that way. If you look at Arial, MS Sans Serif, and Verdana side
by side, you'll notice that the shapes of Arial characters are
quite narrow while MS Sans are noticeably wider (more square)
and Verdana the widest. This seems to help preserve the
distinctive shapes of the letters when you are using very few
pixels to display them.

Fred Ridder (mailto:f -dot- ridder -at- dialogic -dot- com)
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic Corporation, Parsippany, NJ

And to keep our marketing people happy:
Get the Dialogic Edge at: http://www.dialogic.com