Re: Opinions on Solutions' Seminar: Publications Management

Subject: Re: Opinions on Solutions' Seminar: Publications Management
From: Tim Merrick <TimM -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 09:50:17 -0600

Robyn Faulkner wrote:

> Has anyone taken the Publications Management seminar put on by
> Solutions?
>
> I'm tasked to set up a technical publications group at our remote site
> and I am seeking information to help me define the processes needed.
> The seminar's description sounds like it would meet my needs, but I
> would
> like to get feedback from others who may have taken the seminar.
>
> Also, perhaps you know of other courses and information resources that
> would meet my needs.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Robyn Faulkner

Robyn:

I have not attended any publications management seminars presented by
Solutions. However, I have attended three of their other seminars and I
am pleased with the content and the instructors. The one caveat I have
about Solutions is that they tend to cancel seminars if enough people
don't sign up. That's good business for them, but it can play hell with
your scheduling.

You might take a look at SkillTech Professional Seminars. They offer a
seminar called "How to Manage Documentation & Instructional Design
Projects" taught by JoAnn Hackos, a widely recognized authority on the
subject. For more information, point your web browser to
http://www.skilltech.com/seminars/pm.htm.

Best regards,

Tim Merrick
Senior Technical Writer