Re: On-Line Help: Arial v. Time New Roman

Subject: Re: On-Line Help: Arial v. Time New Roman
From: Bob Bench <BoBB -at- SLC -dot- TWC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 13:53:20 -0600

Buch Buchanan wrote:
"My objection to san-sefif can best be shown with:
Jill will be ill.
Look at it in serif and in sans- to see which is easier to read."

Verdana is a hybrid font--most of the characters don't have
serifs but a few characters like the number one and the
capital "I" do have serifs so that these characters can be
easily distinguished. The serifs are robust enough so that
they are recognizable on low resolution screens.

Bob Bench
Technical Writer
Northwest Pipeline Corp.
Salt Lake City, Utah