Re: Inch Per Second

Subject: Re: Inch Per Second
From: Lynn Gold <figmo -at- RAHUL -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 15:44:00 -0700

Bergerson, Carl A wrote:

>>From the Chicago Manual of Style, 13th Edition, paragraphs 14.38, 14.40,
>and derived from 14.46: in./sec.
>
>Carl Bergerson
>Mission Viejo
>Product Information
>carl -dot- bergerson -at- unisys -dot- com

In broadcast documentation, I've always seen "inches per second"
abbreviated to "IPS," as in "15 IPS" or "7 1/2 IPS."

--Lynn Gold "net.fogey" figmo -at- rahul -dot- net/lgold -at- actracorp -dot- com
Sr. Technical Writer, Actra Business Systems (weekdays) <-- new day job
News Anchor, KLIV-AM/KARA-FM (weekends) <-- same old weekend job
Singer, Songwriter, and Punster at Large <-- even when they don't pay me