malapropisms and the TW

Subject: malapropisms and the TW
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 12:08:49 EST

Melissa Fisher <MFisher -at- AUTOMATEDLOGIC -dot- COM>, she of the wonderful
first name, wrote:

> Also seen on public display in my home town: "Amera Reality has
> moved!" (I know a few people who should shop there) and "For sale:
> Fried Pork Rynes" (probably just as well to not know what they
> really are).

It's a wonderful example of what tech writers should _not_
do!

There's a sign in my community that makes me and my family
giggle every time we pass it (okay, we're easily amused).
I changed the name to protect the oblivious.

Dr. Daniel Mulcahy
Ear - Nose - Throat
Facial Plastic Surgery
Rear Entrance

I'm doubtless being hypersensitive. I should know that the
sign just means to use the door at the back of the
building.

Each word has only one meaning, the meaning that works in
business. Riiiiight. ;-)

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com
(standard disclaimer)