How do I handle this one?

Subject: How do I handle this one?
From: Ron D Rhodes <Ron_D_Rhodes -at- MAIL -dot- BANKONE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 13:24:30 -0400

Dear Writers,

Here is my problem:
I am collaborating with another author on a Help project. And, while
very adept at HDK, she doesn't have any formal training in
tech-writing, editing, grammar, etc. We are supposed to agree upon
some writing conventions and she has adopted some very unsound
practices. The following are just a few examples.

1. No parallel structure.

2. An emotional attachment to the word "display" over "appear." "The
red screen 'displays.'"

3. A condescending tone toward her audience. She uses "the user"
instead of "you." "The user" can set the Autocorrect feature by
clicking the Tools menu.

My Question:
I can let a lot of her habits go unchallenged. However, I need to take
some of her bad practices head on. But how? I am considered to be her
equal in this project and, what's worse, her bosses are not
professional writers either.

Ron Rhodes
ron_d_rhodes -at- mail -dot- bankone -dot- com

P.S.
In the first paragraph, I don't mean to imply that every tech-writer
needs formal training.