FrameMaker+SGML and document conversion

Subject: FrameMaker+SGML and document conversion
From: Megan McMacken <mcmackme -at- FRC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 13:00:39 -0400

My company is looking into converting all of our documentation from
Interleaf to SGML. We want a format where one collection of content files
can be used for paper manuals, CD-ROM manuals, and online documentation
(HTML, XML, etc.).

Has anyone else gone through a similar document conversion process with your
company? What was your experience as far as tools and procedures to make
the whole mess as painless and efficient as possible? Did you hire any
outside experts to help?

Also, is anyone using FrameMaker+SGML as your SGML editor? What about
ArborText's ADEPT Editor and ADEPT Publisher? Apparently FrameMaker 5.5 is
buggy. Has anyone run into any bugs with FrameMaker+SGML or ArborText's
products?

Thanks for any info.

Megan E. McMacken