Re: ADMIN: Confidentiality and posting

Subject: Re: ADMIN: Confidentiality and posting
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 08:14:17 -0500

This is great!

But before taking Eric up on this, remember that, if you post from work,
your employer has access to your outgoing (and incoming) email. In some
jurisdictions, your employer has the legal right to read any email that
is on a company machine. Most employers have better things to do than go
through your email, but...

If I have something to say that I don't want my name connected with, I
will send it from home. If I didn't have a computer at home, I would
send it from a library, using a web-based mail service such as HotMail.

Just to be very clear - I'm not saying we can't trust Eric, I'm saying
that there could be trouble before Eric gets the message.

Mike Huber
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com