Re: help! quick word97 question

Subject: Re: help! quick word97 question
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 13:56:17 -0700

Word 97 replaced "skip numbering" with a (hopefully) more powerful
feature. In the Bullets and Numbering dialog box (access from the
Format menu), there are 2 option buttons: "Restart Numbering" and
"Continue from a previous list". I believe the default is "continue
from a previous list". This means that no matter where you are, if you
want to number a paragraph it will automatically continue any previous
numbering (although lists may not continue across sections--I haven't
checked this out.)

The numbering feature in Word 97 was hopelessly screwed up, but the
Office97 service release issued in September cleared up all problems as
far as I can tell.l