TC as a Profession

Subject: TC as a Profession
From: Carol Chubiz <carol -at- HERMES -dot- SI>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 14:41:06 +0200

We, the technical communicators here in Ljubljana, Slovenia, are
interested in establishing technical communications as a registered
profession.

Does anyone know the process to go through to make this happen? For
instance, how did the profession become recognized in England, Germany
and France?

Initially, we are trying to get a department at the University of
Ljubljana.interested. But would that be enough?

Thanks.

Carol Chubiz
Senior Technical Communicator
Hermes SoftLab