Re: New Employee Problems w/ Management

Subject: Re: New Employee Problems w/ Management
From: Geoffrey Brown <Geoffrey -at- SOFTMED -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 08:32:45 -0500

>>In my short time here, he has already told me that he sees himself as the true "Tech Writer" and the rest of us as merely his assistants. He also has a personal mission to "break" the "writer's pride" (his phrase) in the rest of us. ETC. ETC.

This guy sounds too awful to be true! Here's what I would do:

1) Decide quickly whether the guy is going to last. If he's as abrasive and stupid as he sounds, he'll probably piss someone off who can make him go away.

2) If you thinik he's going to last, find out quickly if he's really as bad as he seems. Maybe (probably) he's just a blowhard. If that's the case, don't threaten him - make him look good. It may be your only way to have any freedom in that job.

3) If he's going to last and he's as bad as he seems, get a new job. It doesn't sound like any amount of good in that company could make up for having to work for a prick like that.

Always remember, there is no justice, and nothing is ever fair.

- Geoff Brown
geoffrey -at- softmed -dot- com