Re: Doc Standards- Online

Subject: Re: Doc Standards- Online
From: "Burns, Nancy" <nburns -at- BREAULT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 10:45:58 -0000

You may not need a web program like Front Page to accomplish what you want
to do. I upload Word 6 documents to our intranet simply by saving the Word
doc as an HTML document (*.htm), and then adding the hyperlink to it from
the home page of our intranet (another .htm document). This is the
procedure (there may be better ways):

1. Save your Word 6 style guide as an HTML document (*.htm).
2. Open the intranet page (*.htm doc) from Word in which you want to insert
the hyperlink).
Note: When you open an HTML doc in Word, the toolbar changes to an HTML
toolbar.
3. Click the Chain button on the toolbar. The button is named "Create a
Hyperlink".
4, In the Hyperlink dialog, under Text to Display, enter the text you want
to appear for the hyperlink.
5. Under File or URL:, enter the file path for your style guide .htm doc
(or use the Browse button to navigate to the file location). Click OK.
6. Save the intranet doc.
7. Open your intranet and view the revised page. It should now show your
new hyperlink to the Style Guide.

Nancy Burns
Senior Technical Writer
Breault Research Organization (BRO)