Re: International writing assignments

Subject: Re: International writing assignments
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 14:52:09 -0400

In a message dated 97-10-07 14:21:09 EDT, pbritten -at- TECHREPS -dot- COM writes:

<< A couple of us here are interested in discovering more about working out
of
the country--complications and opportunities. Where are the places to find
job postings?

One of the tech writing agencies based in San Francisco had posted a 6-month
assignment in Starsbourg at one point. But it required an EEC passport
(which I have, being half French.) It used to be if you had an Irish
grandparent, you could get an Irish passport. Don't know if that's still
true.

When I got a job abroad (running the Paris office of a Boston coin company),
it was through a guy I played guitar with. I suspect a lot of these postings
happen in similar ways. You could always try the Economist and the Herald
Tribune (major jobs used to be published on Thursdays.) But these tend to be
pretty high level jobs, often with international organizations.

Also, try Web sites targeted towards the cities that interest you - the Paris
Pages, for instance, if you'd like Paris. I believe there's also an
international job bank on-line - can't remember where I saw it, though.

Jim Chevallier