PDF files and Spawning

Subject: PDF files and Spawning
From: Charles R Crawley <crcrawl5 -at- CRNOTES -dot- CCA -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 15:21:46 -0500

Have any of you ever had a problem with Adobe Acrobat files and the error
message "Could not open the specified file"? The problem as I experience
it has to do with the fact that when Acrobat opens externally to the Web
browser and gives the message "Spawning external viewer," then Acrobat
won't find the file.

I've spoken with Adobe technical support twice already, and they say you
can't have ANYTHING (screen savers, virus proctection) running when you
install the Acrobat Reader. I've tried that and it doesn't seem to help.

I'd appreciate any help on this problem. Thank you.

Charles R. Crawley
Rockwell International
Cedar Rapids, Iowa