Re: PDFs--how big can you go?

Subject: Re: PDFs--how big can you go?
From: John Lord <jlord -at- LIVINGSTON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 15:06:35 -0700

The largest PostScript (PS) file I have converted to PDF recently was 15MB,
the resulting PDF file was 3.2MB, almost a 5 to1 ratio. Smaller PS files
had ratios as low as 2 to 1. A factor to take into account is the version
of the PS driver used to make the PS files, for example, the fairly new PS
driver 4.1 for Win 95 creates significantly larger PS files than earlier
versions.