Re: International writing assignments

Subject: Re: International writing assignments
From: Jennifer O'Neill <writer -at- ARITECH -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 09:26:53 +0000

Phil,

My advice concerns Europe, where I am based. The international issue
of the British daily paper The Guardian has jobs for technical
authors occationally, if not regularly. I think it's the Thursday
issue you need to look at. I don't think the Herald Tribune
or Economiost will have much on offer. As Jim says, they tend to aim
at upper managent positions. Getting in contact with job agencies in
the UK via the internet is another good step.

You could also contact the tech writing societies in the countries
that interest you, such as the international STC chapters, ISTC in
the UK, ISTC in Ireland (not the same as UK), Tekom in Germany...
To work in the European Union (EU) you will probably have work
paper problems if you don't have a passport from one of the member
countries (15 countries to choose from). It's true that if one of
your grandparents is/was Irish you can get an Irish passport.

Jennifer