Re: "landscape" page in FrameMaker document

Subject: Re: "landscape" page in FrameMaker document
From: Peter Gold <pgold -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 13:26:20 -0700

In FrameMaker before 5.5, the sample file resource.doc in
Help>Samples and Clip Art>Book had a two-page landscape table on
disconnected pages. It's one way to do this, but autonumbering on the
disconnected body pages won't follow in sequence with other
autonumberings before and after them.

The method suggested below is almost right -- see my note:

[snipped]

Kathryn Marshall suggested:

> Here's one possible solution:
>
> 1) Create a new master page (Format-->Page Layout-->New Master Page).
> 2) Rotate the master page (Format-->Customize Layout-->Rotate Page).
> 4) Add a new page and apply the new master page (Format-->Page
> Layout-->Master Page Usage).
> 5) Select the column (on the rotated page) and rotate it back to an
> upright (normal) position; then resize it manually (note: do Note choose
> rotate page; use the Graphics-->Rotate option).

*** Make sure to do step 5 above on the MASTER page, so any body page that
you apply the master to will be ready to use. If you change only the body
page, you'll override the master page layout, and get annoying messages
about the override.

With this approach, if content is added to pages before the rotated page,
it's possible to push content off the rotated page. To regain control,
apply appropriate master pages to the affected body pages.

You can also directly rotate a body page, but you can't work in its text
frame until you un-rotate it.

> 6) Type in your text and/or import graphics.
> 7) Print.

Regards,
Peter Gold
pgold -at- netcom -dot- com