Word97

Subject: Word97
From: Buck & Tilly Buchanan <writer -at- WF -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 05:44:16 -0500

I have Word97, but not Office97.

I have twice downloaded the Service Release purported to fix Office97
incompatibility with previous versions.

I have also downloaded the Word97 fix wrd6ex32.exe that is supposed to
fix Word97 incompatibilities.

In both cases, following the download, the package attempts to install
itself.

I get the message *Application not found* and failure of the
installation. The fix apparently then deletes itself. ARGHHHHHHHHH.

I have attempted to reach Microsoft TechSupport to no avail.

Has anyone else had these same problems? Fixed them? How?

Many thanks.
--

Buck Buchanan
writer -at- wf -dot- net